because everyone needs a time vortex on their blog
take a shot each time a hipster blog reblogs this
die of alcohol poisoning
it represents the spiraling and infinite black vortex of the soul
and in that moment i swear we were wibbly-wobbly
And time wimey
I went to church with my family tonight and the pastor said something that I think every Christian should hear
- Pastor: Now, according to a few passages in the bible, homosexuality is a sin.
- Couple of older males in the audience: Amen!
- Pastor: Now, wait, I'm not finished.
- Pastor: You know what else the bible defines as a sin? Divorce.
- -uncomfortable silence-
- Pastor: There are countless passages that talk about how divorce is wrong, and that there are consequences to getting a divorce, such as the wife should be stoned.
- Pastor: Yet, I witnessed a divorce just this morning. And I gotta tell you, it was heartbreaking, but I definitely didn't attempt to throw rocks at the wife, even though she was the one who filed for divorce.
- Pastor: We choose to overlook the consequences of divorce because time has proven that they're inhumane and cruel.
- Pastor: The bible doesn't say anything about the consequences of a homosexual lifestyle. Yet, we seem to be spearheading a campaign to ruin the lives of people we don't even know.
- -the pastor shifts a few notes around-
- Pastor: The bible states to love thy neighbor. That's it. There are no other rules or restrictions to that passage.
- Pastor: So, we as a church family have to support equality with a smile on our face. THAT is the true Christian way.
teacher: its pajama day
that one kid: WHAT IF I SLEEP NAKED HAAAHAAHA
Science has proven that:
- Humans have auras
- Humans have organs that sense energy
- We inherit memories from our anscestors
- Meditation repairs telomeres in DNA, which slows the process of aging.
- Compassion extends life
- Love is more than just an emotion
- Billions of other universes exist
- Meditation speeds healing
So many tourists do this with little to no interaction with the people they’re posing with. To them, these Himba women are so odd and strange (I’ve read a substantial number of travel posts/personal blogs that attest to this) that their humanity is not apparent. Sadly, it is not just White people, but anyone and everyone so Westernized that to them, the Himba are simple artifacts of Namibia not unlike the wild safari.
There are of course photos that exhibit some interaction (read: the Himba/s in the shot are smiling at least), and I know the Himba are open to meeting other people and interacting with tourists. But they are not always treated like human beings with expectations of privacy and dignity.
Their rejection of western culture is not why the Himba people receive this treatment. Let’s be clear about that. It is because of their lack of proximity to white supremacy. Being non-European is an oddity that must either be ogled or exterminated, whether you’re in Namibia or the US, whether you’re bare-chested in Windhoek or walking down the street in Ferguson, Missouri. Not even money and fame can protect you from the standard shame of being Black.
Being Black is treated as a situation one only employs away from “civilization”, even in Africa. Our existence is not accepted in the current world as is as this video shows. A Himba man must fold and stash his culture (read: soul) away in order to shine outside and he is lauded as “exceptional”.
This photo set makes me hate white people more than I already do.
White people must be stopped.
Am I the only one that finds it weird that I can transfer data from my brain to someone else’s by opening my mouth and pushing air with vibrations in their direction.
Might be a little dark for some, but as someone who battles with depression I find this hilarious.
A funny and accurate depiction of those dreadful days when you feel like you can’t even move without messing it up- this is usually the end result.
"Girl lemme drizzle pumpkin spice over your naked body and fuck you in a pile of leaves."